Discussion in 'Builds and Fabricators Forum' started by ITLKSEZ, Aug 20, 2015.
Now back to your regularly scheduled build thread...
It's all according to the walls point of view...
Or perhaps a reversal of gravity----
Like the pirate post, I did do this and couldn't really tell any difference. They still pump a lot of oil into the compressed air. I'm using a Speedair 4ZL49 filter/oil separator. But a word of caution on those: I completely melted the entire inside of that unit trying to blow out a waterline. Mine was mounted more or less directly to the to the York output. Its reincarnation will be mounted on the air manifold well removed from the compressor and I may even add a cooler between them. But if all you use the compressor for is to air up tires, it won't be a problem.
Had to make a wood run to Spokane, so I dropped by the scrap place to see what they had. I grabbed a 4’ section of 2x4 for a front bumper, and two pieces of cold rolled 1’ x 8’ x 18g so I can finish the floor. There was a huge pile of that stuff; I should go get more.
Also, the head unit arrived. It’s beefier than I was expecting. Should be perfect for this application.
Thats nice steel. You should go buy it ALL!
The old yard worker was trying his hardest to get me to take all of it, but he wouldn’t give me a discount!
There were easily 400 pieces there.
Scrap steel is almost worthless. He should have given you a good deal to get more than the nothing he's gonna get.
You know you'll sit your coffee cup on it, you know that don't you...
Joke’s on you, I don’t drink coffee.
Your wife's coffee...
I don't drink coffee either, never have...
can't wait to see where the speaker boxes will go
Formerly being in the municipal snow removal business for 30 years my charges always wondered how I could be up for days and not drink coffee. Never had a drop.
I get some strange looks here in the coffee capital of the world...
Wife does drink coffee either...
I like what you did with that head unit! Now let's see some pics of it on the road!
I needed a break from scraping crud off the hippo engine, so I started to work on the floor.
It needs to be made in two sections so it can come out without removing the cage. I started with the rear section by cutting a bunch of 1” strips out of 1/8” material. I’m making the floor framework out of this, then filling the inside with 18g.
I made these stiffener ribs out of 18g
I’ll drill and tap the floor to bolt this down to.
The front section is gonna be a pain in the butt.
Cardboard is your friend...
trust me . he's a firm believer in CAD
Separate names with a comma.