Today, you can call me Thor, wielder of the hammer. Day starts with three tie rod ends that didn't want to surrender their cozy relationship with steering knuckles. Lordy, that pickle fork must have a headache by now from the hammering. But that was the easy task. Tomorrow they get the penetrating oil bath and maybe the ends unscrew without too much grief. Oh, wait, it's me talking here... The left (passenger) side has a different situation going down. I cannot get the brake drum off. It isn't seized or anything like that. No paint or crud that bonded it to the hub, either. This was plain ol' brake shoe interference. And, making my day the joy it was, the star adjuster is rusted solid, so there's nothing I can do to bring them shoes in from the outside. The right (driver) side drum just came right off, alas, which goes to show that it was poorly adjusted. Just for the record, the right star adjuster is also frozen solid, so this is gonna need some TLC. On go the shooting muffs and I take Ye Olde Ball Peen to the brake drum edges, attempting to drive it off of the shoes. Slow going initially. By the time I got halfway there, with about an inch of exposed shoe lining, the drum could be muscled off. To cite the most important Christmas movie: Yippie-Ki-Ay! Day ended with a long, circuitous trip betwixt and between hardware stores (and auto part places) to get my hands on a 2-1/8 inch socket to get those front hubs off. Let's just say that most of the auto places that rent tools only go up to a 39mm size, and we're beefier than that. Harbor Fake was severely lacking in anything that big. Home CreepShow was sold out (or may not have even stocked it). Wandered down to Northern Tool, and *they* had 'em. Of course, it's 3/4 inch drive, so I need the magic thingamabobbie that lets me use my 1/2 inch socket wrench on this. More money spent on a tool that I'll probably need only once or twice. The inner anatomy of these hubs are certainly, to quote Jw60, "safer" than the old axle. Inner and outer bearings are monster size for a Jeep this size. Timken LM501349s define the way I roll now. Double nuts and keyed spacers keep the bearing in place - talk about overkill. And as I've learned from the Bus Grease Monkey, the outer spacer was bent over on one side to keep the nut from wandering loose. Now I have something in common with larger vehicles; cotter pins through castle nuts are for wimps and wusses! Could not find any local end cap gaskets, so I just bought a roll of flat material and I'll cut it myself. It doesn't have to look as "pretty" as the six lobed ones. Just a donut with 3 holes in the perimeter are all I need. Tomorrow, I return the rented hub socket kit, buy four of those bearings, and then finish up the front beam axle. That includes brakes (with wheel cylinders) and the whole steering system. Doorbell just rang. Should be UPS with new rear leaf springs. Gotta boogie.