A few weeks ago I asked you folks for a list of Re-build parts & components for the Time-Tested Buick 225 V6. Things like Bearings, Pistons , Rings, Seals & Gaskets that you have had either a Good or Bad experience in there use. The reason I asked will be apparent by what follows in this thread labeled "Blueprint 225". I have collected a pretty good array of V6 components over the years and if you have followed my CJ-6 Build here you already probably know there is Chevy V8 planted in there between the rails. And if your wondering what's going on with the CJ-6 build don't worry I'm still working on it in between other projects. One of our members here has purchased my Buick V6 that use to reside in my old 1965 CJ-5. That motor in itself has a pretty good tale to tell. First off the Jeep came with a 4-cylinder and after Hunting at altitude for a year plus the little 4-banger was just a little challenged in the HP department. A junk yard search found a 64 225 Oddfire and during a Race at Pomona not long after I was pitted a few stalls away from a couple of guys named Jim Bell & Doug Jones that were doing some interesting and quite impressive things to the little V6 on the Drag Strip.........these guys later became known as the Buick V6 Guru's under the banner of Kenne-Bell Performance. After talking with Jim and Doug after / during the races for the next two days , they agreed to share some knowledge and help me build my own V6. This will be the second rebuild of this motor since it came out of the wrecking yard..........some of the original improvements were KB while others during this latest re-build will be mine coming from many years of Building and Racing Drag Cars. The re-build of this V6 will not be focused on making it into a High Performance race engine. What I am hoping to share is just a little of what I do to prepare a Race motor in regards to the machine work , tolerances , oiling improvements , measuring , attention to detail & assembly........There is allot of crossover on certain Items that can be employed from the Race motors that will also benefit the Street Motor that you may consider next time your re-building one...........come along for the ride! The Block was first boiled out and Bored .060 over & honed. All of the oil galleys were either rooted out or chased with long reamers......Freeze plugs were changed as well as galley plugs and Cam Bearings. All the threads in the block were chased ............if there is a bad thread in the block.....now is the time to fix it with a Heli-coil. The process of first cleaning and then starting machine work will also end in at least two final bath's with brushes and high power air before assembly starts.