Discussion in 'Builds and Fabricators Forum' started by Focker, Jul 23, 2016.
Tried again. Too large. Time for me to use the cloud
Once you get the images sized down, you can drag-and-drop. It's really easy.
Think I got it. Thanks Focker
I pushed mine outside for some sun...
So we could work on my dad's project A1...
My dad is at the driver's front fender. The previous owner is standing in front. We got the old girl to turn over, but no spark. This is my dad's first Jeep so it's been fun getting to learn him all about them...
Turns out my dad's Jeep is going to have a bunch of old parts off my Jeep. Fenders, radiator and shroud, spare tire carrier, and seats...
Very cool. And the student becomes the teacher.
Took off the hard doors and replaced them with full softies. Who needs a heater, anyway.
A little more masking and hanging plastic for my “paint booth” and she’s ready for a color change
What color will it be next?
Peacock Blue, I tried it on my tailgate and really like the color.
I am by no means a painter or body man, but I always wanted to try it. I figured since my tub already has plenty of rust and I will most likely swap it out in the next few years with a new one (pics make it look better, there’s a lot of old Bondo), I figure I can’t hurt this one and I’m having a blast trying my own body repair skills. I look at it as my practice for a restoration in 5-10 years from now. You can see the color it will be inside the tub already.
This is where I’m at with my ‘75. Been considering toying with the current look or changing it once I have a place to work on it. Looking forward to your outcome!
That is a great color. Tailgate came out great
Made more progress on the dash. I painted the dash and glovebox door gloss black. Got the gauges and switches mounted. Not going to install it until I finish the firewall and install the new wiring harness. The hole above the ignition switch will be for the choke cable.
I had the top off for a week or so. Put it back on and armor all'd it. Ho Hum. I did however take the material off the bottom of my bestop doors so I can reshape the metal frame. It doesn't fit the opening very well, and I've been trying to get to it for about 3 years.
Yesterday I washed the 3B inside and out, changed the oil, greased the chassis, topped off the gear boxes, fabricated hose brackets for the new front disc brakes, put on the new overdrive shift knob and packed my tool and parts boxes for the trip later this week.
How are you doing this? My driver fits and closes perfect but my passenger side, not so much. I tried playing with the hinge locations and shimming them but it only makes it ok, not easily closable.
I sanded out some rust spots, replaced a small piece of fuel line that goes to the fuel pump that was leaking and gave her a real nice deep clean. Then I found out I still have a gas leak from another unknown location
First post! Welcome.
Something's wrong with your pic.
Clearly I need help posting a photo. I tried pasting in a url and keep getting nothing.
Click on the little photo icon next to the smiley face and paste it into the window that pops up.
If that's what you're doing, it might not be a supported site. I know photos from Google don't always work.
There. I opened your page and held my finger on the image (on my phone), copied the address, then pasted it into the upload field.
Separate names with a comma.