Discussion in 'Builds and Fabricators Forum' started by Steve's 70-5, Jan 2, 2013.
Looking good, keep it up and you will back jeeping around before you know it.
Did body filler this weekend, primed metal and put filler primer on. Need to have patient with the body work and not rush it. I am so glad I built the rotisserie, making things so easy.
my letters just arrived... hoping to make it look as good. Thanks for the tip!
Was easy to do, I used blue painters tape for a straight line
Painted the firewall and coated the under side. Sprayed stone chip on the under side and then painted it the color of the Jeep
Got the drive shafts for the PTO winch ran and the winch mounted. Started to run brake lines
What did you use for your PTO driveline and yokes? I'm getting to the point I need to start about redoing mine. Looks like you have a slip joint, perhaps at the middle joint?
Yes, used a slip yoke which makes it easy to put the last shaft in, also put a notch in the bracket on the engine block, so front drive shaft can be slipped in and out. Thanks to jwmckenzie for bracket design. Used 7/8 inch drive shaft. Let me find my ticket with parts number on material used for PTO drive shaft. Will post in Winch forum
Thanks! I appreciate it!
What engine bracket did use Steve ?
And yes, I am posting in the forum again. Keep your gasping to a minimum
Got a paper tracing from jwmckenzie, made it from that. He put a notch in the bracket, so the front drive shafts can be put in and out with out taking the bracket off. The slip yoke makes it easy to put the last shaft into the line. Glad to see you are back.
Painted the inside of the Tub. A few more things to install on the frame, then should be ready to set the tub on the frame for the final time.
A guy at work told me about this coating, decided to get a couple cans and try it out, I figure it would be better than nothing. I wish I would have found it sooner. When sprayed it was like water, ran everywhere, but set up fast. 2 cans did 3 coats in the hat channels and the frame around the engine compartment.
Had a good weekend, Saturday picked up clutch kit, clutch fork and had flywheel turned. Primed fenders, hood and grill. Put under coat on fenders and painted. Today trimed in fenders, hood and grill. Loading up engine to take to the guy that is going to rebuild it.
Everything is looking great. Keep up the nice work.
Still working on the Jeep. Engine is at the rebuilder, he has a 6 to 8 week back log. Dropped it off about 3 weeks ago, waiting on a call to see what it is going to take for the rebuild.
Been painting, fenders, tailgate and other body parts.
Got the two hole knuckles with tie rod flip done and Warn hubs installed. Need to get tie rods threaded.
Exhaust system should show up at the house on Wednesday.
Been painting, got a lot done. Both fenders done, windshield, half doors, trans covers, dash, grill, tailgate. Still have the exterior of tub to do, a lot of bolts and small items, hinges etc.
IMG_2335 by Stephen K, on Flickr
IMG_2334 by Stephen K, on Flickr
IMG_2336 by Stephen K, on Flickr
That is looking good!...Love the color!
Getting ready to paint the exterior of the tub this weekend. Got 3 lights wired up, really helped seeing while wet sanding. Got 2 more lights sitting in my sun room, do not know if I will hook them up. Hope all this light will help with a good paint job. Been running one small fan while doing some painting, I think there is not that much dust in the clear coat. Added one more fan, hope this will help with dust and pull more funk out of the garage while painting.
IMG_2340 by Stephen K, on Flickr
I use two decent sized fans, one blowing out and one blowing in. I filter the incoming air and run that fan a little faster than the exhaust one to make positive pressure
Separate names with a comma.