Following on from my earlier post about a clutch release bearing. Today we pulled the T18 from the J20 truck, 40 years of crud made working underneath it a pain in the backside but eventually it came free. It is a T18 with granny first, it has the standard bellhousing, a cast 1" spacer between it and the trans and another cast 1" spacer between the trans and the D20. It had a few signs that bits of it had been apart before, PTO plate had been off and the D20 had been off at some stage as well. The D20 has a longer shifter mech than the CJ but uses standard parts so should easily be adapted to suit the CJ6. All looked good until we gave the input shaft a spin, unfortunately there was a hum and a wobble indicating at least a worn front bearing. So we washed it and decided to split it and open the T18. Opening up the top cover revealed the reason for the bearing failure, looks like the PO didn't know how to shift with a non syncro setup and there was some tooth damage on first/reverse and idler gears. This obviously toasted the front/rear bearings. The question is what to do next. I'm living in Ireland and don't have the parts handy to rebuild, I can buy same and ship but I assume costs could be high. Thoughts were that damage isn't too bad and live with it and just replace bearings etc. Would be keen to know your thoughts on same and where is best to source new parts at reasonable costs. On the plus side the D20 looks perfect and has probably been rebuilt at some stage.