Discussion in 'Builds and Fabricators Forum' started by browncoat, Apr 15, 2017.
Great work sir!
The openings diameter is 5", so it's cut with a 5" grinder cut off wheel, rough cut first well inside the line, then use a grinding disc on the edge to get the curvature smooth.
Should have realized it before I cut it, but the opening should not be half a circle.
It should be a bit pointy at the top to allow for the curved plate getting cut off at an angle. So I had to add a few slivers to the body work and blend it all in after the welding was done.
Not going to do much today.
It's going to be another 110* F day here.
I wouldn't mind a bit of that snow and cool weather you guys are getting.
Got the left side storage bins mostly finished.
Had to repair a section of the mudguard top panel and a few patches in the body work along the way.
Once that was done I made up some pressed channel shapes for the lip around the opening and welded them prior to fitting into the top of the guard.
Welded in and ground down to blend it in.
Then the body of the storage bin was inserted and tacked in place.
This side needs to allow for the fuel line going through the base so it's a bit of a difficult opening to seal up.
Will move on to the right side next but it needs a full length repair along the top of the guard and the side panel of the body needs a big patch to repair damage.
That looks great! I wanted to do this, but just count get it done. Fantastic!
Separate names with a comma.