I sold the 67 ECJ5, but now I have a new project. This is my first post about my first flatty. I'm three weeks on this project and believe me, it's a project. I acquired a 1948 Cj2a (first sold and titled in California in early 1949) so its titled as a 1949, and it followed me home in January 2020 . . . Seller was asking $3,000 but I talked him down to $1,700 as it wasn't running, and it didn't have the correct the engine. Which was just a negotiation technique as it had a military motor which IMHO only added to it's value. Seller claimed it might have a blown head gasket, and a faulty starter. Moving forward, I dragged it back to the house and started to look at it. Initially, based on serial numbers I could partially see behind the oil bath, the engine serial number started with #GPXXXX which I initially thought was a WW2 Ford GPW engine (kinda cool) as their serial numbers start with GPWXXX vs Willy's MB's that start with MBXXXX. Few days later, after removing the oil bath, I got a better look at the engine serial number, and as things turned out, it wasn't a military GPW engine but instead a Ford GPA engine built for Amphibious craft during WW2. After further research, it showed the engine was casted on December 1, 1943. Which meant it was 8,924 out of 12,778 built during WW2. Now I have been flammed by purest's who feel I should not run the GPA in my CJ. I have done a search through the GPA registration database to see if there was numbers matching GPA somewhere to no avail. Most likely the body was scrapped years ago after the war, so the engine is most likely the only trace left that it ever existed. My cousin who is a huge into the WW2 scene has already made a run to try to take it off hands due to its rarity. But I decided to keep it as I might reuse it later in WW2 project down the road. So this build will be two-fold. I will try to pay homage too two different types of vehicles (Civilian and Military) during this build in the best way I know how. This CJ2a was pretty straight and nobody had cutted it up, modified it, or bubbafied it (for the most part). As far as the engine is concerned, its a GPA block and oiling system chocked full of CJ assessories and parts. So that will corrected so it's as original of a GPA engine as I can possiblely make it. (Which will not be cheap. As it requires alot of Ford f-scripted parts) The frame, tool box, and hat channels all have rust and need some love. My Hobart 210 MPV will be on standby as it will be drafted into action this summer. Now I am no expert on hybrid (civilian v. military) builds. So this will be a slow moving build as I educate myself because I don't want to screw up either aspect. Now many people have asked me why not just sell the engine to fund the rest of the Cj build. And that is a good question. Honestly, I like anything different, so blending the best of both worlds suits me just perfect. (I love both sides of the Willy's history, civilian v. militaria) Scope of this project will be returning back to a stock'ish configuration. This will not be a rock crawling/ rubicon rig; more like a parade/ weekend trail warrior. Let me introduce "Motorboat", let the blasphemy begin . . .