This thread won’t get rolling until after the snow is done flying, but since I’ve started accumulating parts for it, I might as well start a build thread. This 3b has been with me for around 25 years. I was 20 years old, living in PA, and bought it for $100 with no engine from a buddy in NJ. The body was moderately fair for east coast standards. It was a farm Jeep; it was literally pulled out of a manure pile when Eric bought it and dragged it home just before finding out his wife was pregnant, so his ownership was short. The right rear corner of the body was buried in the manure and was gone. I brought it home and built it into a budget race jeep in 2 months. Its general configuration hasn’t changed much in these 25 years. The little F-head has taken me up and down the east coast countless times, and about 10 years ago, it climbed onto the back of a truck and got hauled out here to ID where it’s been plowing dirt and snow. Every part of it has been beat to within an inch of its life, and it needs a complete redo. The Experiment didn’t work out like I’d planned, but it did lay some important groundwork for this. This spring, in order to get the 3A on the road, the plates are coming off my DD, and that car is getting recycled. There are 462k miles on that car - and amazingly - the untouched automatic transmission. Although it still works like new, I just don’t trust it like I used to. I’m going to strip every part of the engine and wiring and bring it over to the 3B. The goal will be a tough trail jeep that plows snow, and will start and run issue-free in sub-zero temps. I’m tired of the 4-hand dance required to keep a carb running until it’s warmed up, while also operating a plow. Nearly triple the hp with the same fuel consumption will be a nice bonus. I’d like to bring everything over from the car, so things like the OBDII, cruise control, dash cluster, everything on the steering column stalks, etc... still work. The transmission and transfer case will be this ‘68 SM465 and married Rockwell T-221 that will be adapted to the Volvo B5234FS 5-cyl. The transmission looks and feels great. The shifts are crisp, the oil is clear, and there’s very little surface rust on the gears. The t-case feels a little sloppy and could use a re-shim, but the gears look good. Axles are still TBD. Ideally, I’d like to find a front Scout or Wagoneer D44 and a rear Rodeo D44 or Ford 8.8. Those rears will have the tone ring I need for the speedometer. I’m still unsure what I want to do about the frame and cage. I’d love to redo it, but this is a zero-budget (and 6-month) build at this point, so that will probably be re-used.